If you are logging in to a NoodleTools subscription created for your classroom, school, university, library, company, or other organization for the first time, you will need to register a new account.
Before you can register a new account, your current status with the school first needs to be validated. There are two ways a school would do this.
- Schools using automatic on-campus IP or proxy authentication
- Schools using NoodleTools username and password authentication
Ask your librarian if you are not sure which type of authentication your school uses.
NOTE: If your school is using Google Apps for Education and you would use your Google ID to log into NoodleTools, please see "How to access NoodleTools through Google Apps."
2. If your school or library has set up automatic authentication, you will be taken directly to the About You screen. Go to the section "Your user registration information" to finish your registration.
NOTE: If you are off campus or not logged into your school's network, and is prompted for username/password authentication information, first log in in any school's computers or via a proxy link, before logging in at NoodleTools. You will be authenticated automatically and NoodleTools will not ask for an username/password authentication.
2. Schools using NoodleTools username and password authentication
If your teacher or librarian gives you a NoodleTools' username and password to create a new account, please follow these steps:
1. On the login screen at my.noodletools.com, click the blue button Register.
4. Subscription Information fields will appear to the right. Enter your school/library's username and password. Ask your teacher or librarian if you don’t have this information. Click Continue.
Your user registration information
3. Under Choose a Personal ID, select a personal ID and a password that you will remember. You will need to enter this login information to access your NoodleTools account. The password is not case-sensitive and must be 4 or more characters long. Do not share this password with your classmates.
4. To save time, click Check availability to see whether or not the personal ID you have selected is available. If you have selected a personal ID that is already in use, you can change it now before clicking Register.
5. Under Easy Login Retrieval, enter the last four digits of your phone number and your initials. This is used to identify you if you lose your password or if NoodleTools needs it to locate your account. If you are a college student, you will be prompted to enter your email address.
6. Click Register. The next screen you will see will be the Projects screen. See "How to work with projects."