NOTE: If your school is using G Suite, Office 365, or Clever for access to NoodleTools, the following instructions do not apply. You can register by simply clicking the Google, Office 365 or Clever buttons on the right side of the NoodleTools login screen.
If you are logging in to a NoodleTools subscription created for your classroom, school, university, library, company, or other organization for the first time, you will need to register a new account.
Before you can register a new account, your current status with the school first needs to be validated. There are two ways a school would do this.
- Schools using automatic on-campus IP or proxy authentication
- Schools using NoodleTools username and password authentication
If your school or district uses on-campus IP authentication, log in first from a computer on campus. Alternatively, your school may provide a special "proxy" link that will also automatically authenticate you (and does not require you to be on campus). For example, a proxied link might look something like this:
1. On the NoodleTools login screen, click Register.
2. Schools using NoodleTools username and password authentication
If your teacher or librarian gives you a NoodleTools subscription username and password to create a new account, please follow these steps:
1. On the NoodleTools login screen at https://my.noodletools.com/logon/signin, click Register.
3. When asked what type of folder you want to create, select An account linked to a school/library subscription or trial.
3. Under Choose a Personal ID, select a personal ID and a password that you will remember. You will need to enter this login information to access your NoodleTools account. The password is not case-sensitive and must be 4 or more characters long. Do not share this password with your classmates.
4. To save time, click Check availability to see whether or not the personal ID you have selected is available. If you have selected a personal ID that is already in use, you can change it now before clicking Register.
5. Under Easy Login Retrieval, enter the last four digits of your phone number and your initials. This is used to identify you if you lose your password or if NoodleTools needs it to locate your account. If you are a college student, you will be prompted to enter your email address.
6. Click Register. The next screen you will see will be the Projects screen. See "How to work with projects."