If you are logging in to a NoodleTools subscription created for your classroom, school, university, library, company, or other organization for the first time, you will need to register a new account.
Before you can register a new account, your current status with the school first needs to be validated. There are two ways a school would do this.
- Schools using automatic on-campus IP or proxy authentication
- Schools using NoodleTools username and password authentication
NOTE: If your school is using Google Apps for Education and you would use your Google ID to log into NoodleTools, please see "How to access NoodleTools through Google Apps."
If your school or district uses on-campus IP authentication, log in first from a computer on campus. Alternatively, your school may provide a special "proxy" link that will also automatically authenticate you. For example, a proxied link might look something like this:
NOTE: If you are off campus or not logged into your school's network, and is prompted for username/password authentication information, first log in in any school's computers or via a proxy link, before logging in at NoodleTools. You will be authenticated automatically and NoodleTools will not ask for an username/password authentication.
2. Schools using NoodleTools username and password authentication
If your teacher or librarian gives you a NoodleTools' username and password to create a new account, please follow these steps:
1. On the login screen at my.noodletools.com, click the blue button Register.
3. When asked what type of folder you want to create, select An account linked to a school/library subscription or trial.
3. Under Choose a Personal ID, select a personal ID and a password that you will remember. You will need to enter this login information to access your NoodleTools account. The password is not case-sensitive and must be 4 or more characters long. Do not share this password with your classmates.
4. To save time, click Check availability to see whether or not the personal ID you have selected is available. If you have selected a personal ID that is already in use, you can change it now before clicking Register.
5. Under Easy Login Retrieval, enter the last four digits of your phone number and your initials. This is used to identify you if you lose your password or if NoodleTools needs it to locate your account. If you are a college student, you will be prompted to enter your email address.
6. Click Register. The next screen you will see will be the Projects screen. See "How to work with projects."