- How to create a new account
- How to start a new project and a source list
- How to create notecards
- How to share a project with your teacher
- How to set up a project collaboration with your classmates
1. How to create a new account
Option 1: If you are a new NoodleTools user, click Register to create a new account.
NOTE: Depending on how NoodleTools is set up at your school, you may next see a screen asking you to enter your school's username and password to register as a new user. Enter the subscription username and password that your teacher or librarian provided.\
Click Continue and fill out information for your account. Click Register.
After you register, you will see the Projects screen:
Go to the next section to learn how to start a new project.
2. How to start a new project and a source list
1. On the Projects screen, click New project.
2. On the Create a New Project screen that pops up, enter a name for your project and select the appropriate citation style and level. Click Submit. NOTE: Once you create a project, you will be able to switch seamlessly between styles and levels. So what you set up now can be changed later with one click.
3. The Dashboard screen appears. The Dashboard organizes your work environment for effective research. You can see assignments, create to-do lists, submit work, and act on feedback from teachers in an organized way, and all in one place.
5. On the Sources screen, click New Source and select the best match for your source from the choices given. The selections under "What is it" is dependent on what you select for "Where is it?"
7. Click Continue to go to the next screen.
8. Fill in the citation form with information about your source. If your source is a book, you can locate the book in WorldCat (via an ISBN number or title/author search) and it will automatically fill in the form with the book's details, checked and revised for accuracy by NoodleTools.
1. Click Notecards in the navigation bar at top.
2. On the Notecard Tabletop, click New.
3. Input notes about your source.
TIP: Once you've created multiple notecards, you can pile them. Drag a notecard and drop it on another notecard to create a new pile, or use the Manage pile option above the tabletop to manage existing and create new piles with selected notecards. Notecard piles become the basis of organization within the Outline panel next to the Notecard Tabletop.
4. How to share a project with your teacher
1. On your project's Dashboard screen, under Sharing, click Share with a project inbox.
2. In the Project inbox field, enter the name of the inbox (as provided by your teacher). When the first few letters of the inbox’s name are entered, a drop-down menu will appear and the name of the inbox can be selected.
3. Enter your name so that your teacher can identify you (if not clear from your username).
5. Click Done.
6. On the Dashboard screen you will now see the inbox’s name under Project inbox.
5. How to set up a project collaboration with your classmates
1. On the project's Dashboard screen, under Student Collaboration, click Add students.
2. In the field that opens up, enter the collaborator's personal ID (or Google/O365 email or Clever ID if your school uses single-sign-on for access to NoodleTools). You can select Full collaborator if you wish to allow full add/edit/delete access, or Peer-reviewer if you want to share it as read-only (with just the ability to receive comments). If you need to add more collaborators, click Add more.