Follow these steps to successfully export a Gale prepared citation into NoodleTools:
In one browser tab, open the NoodleTools project you are working on and navigate to the Sources screen.
- In a second browser tab, open Gale's database and navigate to the article you wish to cite.
- On the article's page, in the right-hand navigation list, click "Citation Tools."
- Under "Export to," select "NoodleTools" and click "Export" (note: the selected citation style in the database does not matter -- the citation style will match the style of the NoodleTools project you are importing into).
- A new browser tab titled "NoodleTools Import" opens (check your pop-up blocker settings if a tab does not open).
- At the bottom of the "View/Import Sources" page, check that the project listed in the "Import" dropdown list is correct.
- Click "Import references."
- At the top of the page look for a green confirmation: "1 reference successfully exported to project..."
- Close the "View/Import Sources" tab and return to the tab containing your NoodleTools project.
- Reload the "Sources" screen to view your imported citation.